real estate agent real estate business Leads Podcast

5 Power Moves You Can Do Today To Increase Your Lead Conversion

By Emilio DiSpirito on September 17, 2018

Converting leads is the most important part of a real estate agent’s job and something that successful agents do better than anyone. Agents are constantly searching for the next opportunity to make a deal.

If you’re just starting out in the industry, hit a rough patch in your business or notice that the “old ways” are no longer working for you, take a breath. I’m going to show you how our team uses 5 power moves to get an influx of business and convert leads to buyers and sellers.

5 Power Moves

1.  Your Speed to Action is 100% Vital

Quick response time is absolutely crucial when it comes to communicating with prospective clients. Depending on the market, real estate agents are a dime a dozen so if you don’t answer your phone, a buyer or seller will just move on to the next one. Contact a lead within 4 minutes of an inquiry. After 4 minutes, the lead is already 90% less likely to even answer your call. Yes you read that right-- the likelihood of working with that prospect went down 10% in less than 5 minutes. Speedy, reliable service is expected today.

2.  Winners Are Recognizable

You have 3 seconds to make a first impression. How do you start a conversation with a lead? Within the first 3 seconds, the person on the other side of the line will decide whether they want to continue the call or hang up the phone.

Try a greeting that gives the prospective buyer or seller the chance to realize that you’re calling to help, not spamming them.

Tried and true greeting:

Hi John, this is Emilio, a local Realtor on Zillow. You contacted me about 1234 E. Sesame Street, the yellow colonial with the large red door up on the hill. How can I help you?

This greeting will help you be recognized as a winner on the phone.

3.  Engage with Education

When a lead calls, take the opportunity to educate them on the market. Make it your job as the real estate professional to teach them. By doing this, you will learn how serious the prospect is, how far along they are in the process of buying or selling their home, what they know about the market, what they don’t and if they’re truly interested. Best part is… they’ll view you as an expert who was willing to take time out of your day to provide advice.

Proven conversation starter:

What have you heard about the market?

4.  Never Follow Up Just to Follow Up

How many times have you answered a sales call to hear, “Hi there, I’m just calling to follow up”? Well I’ve heard it a million times and it drives me crazy! People who lead with that phrase lose the sale right from the start. The phrase “I’m calling to follow up” basically means, you haven’t purchased my product or service yet, I’d like you to buy now, so I’m following up to sell to you again.”

Instead, remind them of the home you once showed them or the valuation you ran for their home and ask what you can do for them. No one wants to hear you’re just following up to follow up.

5.  Hold Their Hand to the Next Step

Buying or selling a home is one of the largest and most important decisions a person will ever make, so it’s natural that they’d feel they require guidance through the process. As the agent, it’s our job to hold our clients’ hands, ask them guiding questions and walk them through buying or selling their home step by step.

Bonus Tip! Don’t Be a Pushover

Confidence is key, always! People want to work with a professional who’s confident in the job they do. If you know your market, your client and your business, your client will see you as someone who can handle theirs.

To learn more about the 5 power moves, check out the latest episode of The Real State.

The Real State: 5 Ways Agents Can Better Connect With Consumers


Related Posts

Real Estate real estate agent agents Training & Education support

Leaning on Local Support

For an agent just starting your career or thinking about switching brokerages, it’s important to sel...

December 09, 2022
Real Estate real estate agent agents Training & Education

How to Invest in Your Real Estate Career Right Now

As the market ebbs and flows, any time is really the perfect time to invest in yourself and your rea...

November 14, 2022